Current: J. Dennis Gordon Business Consultants – Pembroke Pines, FL
Chief Executive Officer
- J. Dennis Gordon is a full service business consulting firm representing diverse client base.
- Responsibilities included all aspects of the organization with full P&L and balance sheet authority.
Clients include major U.S corporations such as Pacific Gas & Electric, Sunbeam Worldwide, Coleman Outdoor, Vinyl Corp., Werner Ladders, Retrax Safety Systems, PGT Windows & Doors, American Check Management, Global Sources, Inc., Guayule Latex Company and others.
2012 – 2014: Goodinfo.com, Inc. – Sarasota, FL
President & Chief Operating Officer
- Responsible for business concept development, financial systems & reporting, investor & banking relations, HR functions, business operations, and full P&L responsibilities.
- Lead development and implementation of company’s web based technology and identified products/services that enhanced the company’s value proposition.
- Developed and implemented private offering to raise capital through accredited investors.
- Managed and executed brand strategy, media strategy, media purchasing and execution, creative strategy and production, public relations and social media campaigns.
Major accomplishments included the development of a comprehensive business plan, implementation of all business systems and controls, development of organizational structure for employee roles , design and implementation of employee training programs, development of corporate By Laws, and formation of Corporate Board and Board structure. In addition, as President and Chief Operating Officer, I developed a national sales & marketing strategy, hired employees, and lead the market launch of the enterprise in 2014.
2007-2011: The PR Store – Hollywood, FL
Vice President Marketing & New Business Development
- Responsible for new business development, client and client services development forthe PR Store, a national advertising and marketing franchise firm.
- Managed cross functional needs of marketing team, creative team, technical team(web site development and SEO), media planning and purchasing team, brandmanagement and eCommerce.
- Worked with development stage clients to bring their products to market.
The development of a comprehensive sales, service and distribution strategy for Island Sky Corporation to bring to market their revolutionary water making machines. The PR Store additionally sourced the manufacturing, components and quality assurance through our Chinese partners, Four Corners, LTD for the enterprise.Market launch of XL411.com, a search engine developed for local search parameters and benefits. Managed and executed brand strategy, media strategy, media purchasing and execution, creative strategy and production, public relations and social media campaigns.
2006-2007: TRACO Security Windows and Doors – Miami, FL Director
- Responsible for Security brand (retail), Norandex brand (private label) and Biscayne brand (furnish & install dealers) market strategy, product development, implementa- tion strategy, customer service, warranty service group, domestic and export sales group for the retail division of this 200 million dollar building materials manufacturer.
- Returned division to profitability, increased turns and significantly reduced returns, allowances and warranty expense.
- Grew retail sales from 24 to 39.5 million dollars.
- Increased production from 300 units a day to over 1,000, implemented LEAN/SixSigma manufacturing standards and processes.
- Drove on-time/complete performance from 55% to over 98% .
- Purchased & implemented new IT smart part enterprise manufacturing platform withautomated order entry and forecasting functions.
- Revitalized export and dealer markets.
- TRACO Corporate “Impact Player of the Year”-2006.
Major accomplishments included development and introduction of the Biscayne brandand Norandex brand of windows and doors for the furnish and install market segment, securing two new markets for the Security brand at the Home Depot, hiring and managing new sales force for the Biscayne/Norandex brands and expanding the Security brand sales force to represent new markets.
1993-2005: J. Dennis Gordon Advertising & Marketing – Plantation, FL
Managing Partner & Chief Executive Officer
- J. Dennis Gordon was a full service advertising and marketing firm representing adiverse client base.
- Responsibilities included all aspects of the organization with full P&L and balance sheetauthority.
The successful launch of DuPont Sentry Glas® in the U.S. (“hurricane” glass and blast-resistant glazing materials). DuPont is currently the largest supplier of this product in the world.
Successful product launch of Lifestyle Products’ new line of high fashion outdoor furniture cushions and umbrellas into the domestic retail market with such names asHome Depot, J.C. Penney, Menards, K Mart and others. Assisted in product procurement, hired independent representative firms, developed product line assortment, product packaging, point of sale, and produced all advertising and sales materials.
Brought to market the Binnings Pan American brand of prime windows and doors, sold exclusively at The Home Depot. Developed the product line, packaging, point of sale, merchandising, advertising and sales materials.
Brought to market American Check Management, a company engaged in electronic funds transfers (EFT &ACH), credit card processing and electronic check guarantee for America’s premier retail and wholesale companies. Developed and managed
national advertising and PR campaign, brand management, product line strategic development, point of sale, presentation and sales materials.
1988-1993: The Rothchild Companies – Miami, FL Executive
Vice President & Corporate Officer
- Full service advertising and marketing firm with clients in a wide variety of industries.
- As a Senior Partner, my responsibilities included all operational aspects with full P&Lresponsibility, sales & marketing , new business development, account executivemanagement and client services.
- Grew revenue of the firm from just over $4 million to just under $20 million.
- Improved all key metrics of the organization.
- The Company was taken public in 1991.
Major accomplishments included the successful launch of Retrax SafetySystems, the first retractable medical safety syringe in the U.S.
Successful market entry into the U.S. by Majorette Toys, a French toy manufacturer. Developed and managed market entry strategy and campaign, national advertising and PR campaign, product packaging, point of sale, presentation and sales materials. Hired national independent sales force. First year sales were 39 million dollars.
1975-1988: Keller Industries, Inc. – Miami, FL – Senior Vice President
Corporate Marketing & Planning
- Responsible for corporate long term planning, corporate & product marketing, corporate advertising and public relations.
- Company grew from $184 million dollars in sales to over $360 million.
- Built brand to be recognized as America’s leader of building material products to the retail and builder market segments.
- Developed corporate management structure with divisional presidents and employee teams that allowed each business group to operate as a stand alone business unit with services from the corporate structure.
- Managed cross functional needs of Divisional Presidents with corporate marketing, product management, creative, merchandising, promotions, media services, and brand management teams.
- Initiated corporate rebate programs to encourage cross divisional purchasing and developed other corporate promotions to drive sales and gross margins.
- Introduced new product line additions to increase market share by category and division. Introduced wood and fiberglass ladders to our existing aluminum ladder lineand grew sales from 17 million to over 110 million. Added patio furniture sets to our line of folding furniture and grew sales from 35 million to 63 million.
- Developed product lines and assortments for each division to compete in every available market including product exports.• Improved all key metrics of the enterprise.
- Served as a Corporate Officer of the Corporation.
1986-1988 Senior Vice President – Corporate Marketing & Planning
1985-1986 Senior Vice President – Executive Group
1982-1985 Vice President – Consumer Products Division
1981-1982 General Manager – Consumer Products Division
1980-1981 National Sales Manager – Consumer Products Division
1978-1980 Southern Regional Manager – Atlanta, GA
1975-1978 Sales Manager – Aluminum Suppliers, Inc. – Canton, OH
Chairman of the Board – Stamps and More, Inc.*
Chairman of the Board – J. Dennis Gordon, Inc.*
Chairman of the Board – Guayule Latex Company, Inc.
Chairman of the Board – Global Sources, Inc.
Board of Directors – Goodinfo.com, Inc.
Board of Directors – American International Relief
Board of Directors – Counter Rotating Blade Technology Corp.*
Board of Directors – Retrax Safety Systems, Inc.*
Board of Directors – The Trumpeter Foundation
Board of Directors – The Rothchild Companies *
Board of Directors – Habitat for Humanity*
Board of Directors – Renaissance, Inc.*
Board of Directors – American Check Management*
Corporate Officer – Keller Industries, Inc.*
* Former member